Re: 2.6.12 udev hangs at boot

From: Nick Warne
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 14:39:17 EST

On Monday 20 June 2005 20:21, Greg KH wrote:

> > It appears the issue people are seeing is with Slack 10, which shipped
> > with udev 0.26 - and I presume there was 'custom' rules Patrick had built
> > in.
>
> Ick. Hm, there's not been any updates for slack since then? (note,
> there was no 0.26 release, there are no '.' in udev releases.)
>
> Any Slackware users want to pester them for updates?

Remember this is Slackware 10 here I am talking about - Slackware 10.1 has
been released since, that uses as stock udev 50. Slackware current uses udev
54. Trouble is here also, GLIBC has been updated in latest Slackware[s], so
there is no real upgrade path for Slack 10 users other than the whole
caboodle - which breaks a lot if you have all the latest 'other stuff' built
from source anyway.

I guess many users don't upgrade all the system like I do to find these
problems. This appears to be just a gotcha for old Slackware 10 users like
me. Sometimes you read stuff about doing an upgrade, and unless it pokes yer
eye out with a big stick you miss it... so it is isn't a big deal as long as
people know about it - it's an easy fix.

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."