RE: Observation: very low USB performance in 2.6.12 (-2 from agnula)

From: Hodle, Brian
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 13:53:27 EST

One of the things I have recently fought with on 2.6.12 is a soft-lockup
exception with enabling "Legacy USB Support" in the BIOS. Apparently this
problem will cause the 2005.0 installation CD for x86_64 to HANG on USB Mass
Storgae detect unless the "nousb" option is set at boot. The Legacy USB
feature also causes Oops on bootup unless Disabled. I am running dual
Opteron 240 1G ram with ASUS K8N-DL MB (Nforce 4).