Re: netpoll and the bonding driver

From: Jeff Moyer
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 10:02:43 EST

==> Regarding Re: netpoll and the bonding driver; "John W. Linville" <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> adds:

linville> On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 11:14:36AM -0700, Matt Mackall wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 03:56:35PM -0400, Jeff Moyer wrote:

>> > I'm trying to implement a netpoll hook for the bonding driver.
>>
>> My first question would be: does this really make sense to do? Why not
>> just bind netpoll to one of the underlying devices?

linville> Depending on the bonding mode, this would be very unlikely to
linville> work. The other side of the link will still be expecting to talk
linville> to the bond rather than to an individual link.

Right, and for those drivers which register a netpoll_rx routine, they may
not get all of the packets destined for them.

-Jeff