Re: Linux 2.6.12

From: Nick Warne
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 14:07:53 EST

Steven Rostedt <rostedt () goodmis ! org> wrote:

> This is somewhat experimental at this time, but it should be safe,
> as long as you aren't building this as a module and then removing it.

> If unsure, say Y. Do not say M.

> USB Monitor (USB_MON) [M/n/?] (NEW)
> --------------

> I really like my options. :-)

> OK, I have CONFIG_USB as a module, but I really thought that this was
> pretty amusing.

Heh. When I was sussing 2.6.12 stuff today, I really thought it was me
buggering up something. So after reading a lot, I wondered (neurotically)
if I was doing anything wrong (after all this time, it's likely).

> make help reveals:

randconfig - New config with random answer to all options

So 'make randconfig' is the one to use! What one earth is that for?

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."