Re: [git patches] 2.6.x net driver updates

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 13:40:30 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
I'm hoping my earlier pulls on your trees haven't resulted in these kinds of history losses before, and that this was the first time you did a merge and didn't specify the parents properly. Pls confirm..

You're being overly paranoid :)

This netdev-2.6.git episode was the first time I ever tried to use the conflict merging. I didn't know git had improved to the point where "git commit" without any arguments would actually get things right.

All the other merges used the vanilla git-pull-script with no modifications. Presumably it does the right thing :)

Jeff