Re: 2.6.12 udev hangs at boot

From: Nick Warne
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 08:46:46 EST

On Saturday 18 June 2005 14:03, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> > New 2.6.12 build hangs at initialising udev dynamic device directory on
> > boot. I used make oldconfig from 2.6.11.12, and all the new changes I
> > selected N, all bar nvidia FB support (I built several times, as I have a
> > GeForce4 card, so suspected the nvidia FB support at first and turned
> > off).
> >
> > 2.6.11.12 works perfect.
> >
> > I have just spent an hour or so investigating, but I am none the wiser.
> >
> > Ideas what could be causing this?
>
> I had this problem because I was running an ancient version of udev (0.34,
> versus 0.58, at the time..). Try upgrading udev if it's out of date.

Thanks, that worked :-)

Strange how the mind works. I thought about that, but only for a nanosecond.
After reading the changelog, I was convinced (or didn't think no more about)
as the udev code stuff hadn't changed from 2.6.11.12 -> 2.6.12.

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."