Re: Kernel eats argument=

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 10:03:32 EST

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Nico Schottelius wrote:

Hello!

I wanted to have 'cprofile=a_profile" specified to my init
system. Now after some hours of debugging I see that
everything that is in the form of

bla=blub

is eaten by the kernel and _not_ given to init.
Is that how it should be or is that a bug?

If it's how it should be, I'll switch to "cprofile:a_profile"
or will Linux eat that, too?

The most mysterious thing (for me) is that /proc/cmdline
contains that stuff again.

Nico, somehow confused

Init gets a single parameter 'auto'. Variables not understood
by the kernel get put into the environment....

OME=/TERM=linuxSELINUX_INIT=YES

|______ maybe a bug, no "H".

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.11.9 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.