Re: Kernel eats argument=

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 09:43:31 EST

On Fri, 2005-06-17 16:36:42 +0200, Nico Schottelius <nico-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanted to have 'cprofile=a_profile" specified to my init
> system. Now after some hours of debugging I see that
> everything that is in the form of
>
> bla=blub
>
> is eaten by the kernel and _not_ given to init.
> Is that how it should be or is that a bug?

Well, everything the kernel doesn't understand as a parameter (eg. for
modules) actually *is* passed to init, but not as command-line
arguments, but as environment variables. You'll probably find that :-)

MfG, JBG
PS: Not including sender's email address in Cc because I'm too lame to
ACK my email for his email system...

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O