Re: S3 test tool (was : Re: Bizarre oops after suspend to RAM(was: Re: [ACPI] Resume from Suspend to RAM))

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 08:17:19 EST

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 09:24 -0700, dagit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Sure thing, (a) is called lspci-coldboot.txt and the other is
> lspci-warmboot.txt. I've attached them so that you can see the whole
> thing, it doesn't look very helpful to me and the diff was even more
> cryptic, so good luck ;)

Ok, this is probably a long shot, but try:

setpci -s 00:00.0 67.b=11
setpci -s 00:00.0 68.b=4f
setpci -s 00:00.0 6d.b=47
setpci -s 00:00.0 9a.b=0a
setpci -s 00:00.0 9b.b=1d

after a cold boot, and then see if that changes the behaviour. My
suspicion is that Windows enables some northbridge features that affect
the behaviour of the system in suspend. Working out /what/ would be much
easier with datasheets, but ATI and VIA don't seem willing to provide
them (if anyone could provide me with northbridge PCI configuration
register specs for any non-Intel chipsets, that would be astonishingly
helpful)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx