Re: tg3 in 2.6.12-rc6 and Cisco PIX SMTP fixup

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 18:55:15 EST

Lars Roland schrieb:
> It does not seams to be limited to braodcom cards. 3com and Intel e100
> cards does the exact same stunt on kernels never than 2.6.8.1. Intel
> e1000 and realtek 8139 cards do however work.

hm - tricky, i think. because no kernel oopses, nothing to look at in the
syslog (yes?), various nic drivers affected, others not...in cases like
these only Documentation/BUG-HUNTING comes to my mind: if 2.6.8.1 works,
and 2.6.12-rc6 does not, we'll need to find out the kernelversion which
introduced this behaviour.

sorry,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #318:

Your EMAIL is now being delivered by the USPS.