RT patch acceptance

From: NZG
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 17:39:52 EST

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 17:15, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> If RT is merged and RTAI not, that might be simpler to install, but I
> wouldn't judje on what's simpler to use based on mainline inclusion or
> not. I don't work in the emebdded-RT space, but if I had to build an
> hard-RT embedded app for myself and I didn't need to run syscalls in
> real time (i.e. no audio ioctls), I'd sure start with RTAI.
If I can throw my two-cents in here, I'm an embedded RT developer, and I agree
with Andrea.
RTAI is a very mature, completely open source real time system these days.
Regardless of the skill and manpower being leveraged on the RT patch, I gotta
say it looks like your re-inventing the wheel by not using the work that's
already been done in RTAI.

Seems like there is a lot of RTAI speculation going on here.
Maybe their list should be CC'd on this thread?

NZG.