Re: RT : 2.6.12rc5 + realtime-preempt-2.6.12-rc5-V0.7.47-15

From: Lee Revell
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 14:48:26 EST

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 16:53 +0200, Serge Noiraud wrote:
> I have a test program which made a loop in RT to mesure the system
> perturbation.
> It works finely in a tty environment.
> When I run it in an X environment ( xterm ), I get something like if I
> click the Enter key in the active window.
> If I open a new xterm, this is the new active window which receive these
> events.
> These events stop when the program stop.
>
> I tried with X in RT and no RT : I have the problem.

Try adding:

Option "NoAccel"

to the Driver section of your X config.

Some buggy video drivers can stall the PCI bus for tens or hundreds of
*milliseconds*. The "via" driver had this problem until I identified
the problem and the Unichrome guys fixed it. If it goes away with
"NoAccel", then you are having the same problem.

For details search the unichrome-devel archives for "losing interrupts".

Lee