Re: Problem with 2.6 kernel and lots of I/O

From: Roy Keene
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 14:09:43 EST

Bernd,

The ENBD project requires a kernel patch for 2.6 support and I would like to remain with the vendor supplied (and "blessed" kernel) for support reasons.

Since I cannot provide feedback on the latest version of the kernel and I don't want to have an "unblessed" kernel, I've opened a ticket with RedHat attached to my support contract for this problem. I mainly posted my question here to see if this was a known issue with 2.6 in general or NBD-specific.

I had not heard of "DRBD" before now, but it looks interesting. I am looking into it further.

Thanks,
Roy Keene