Re: Q: swsusp with S5 instead of S4?

From: Ian E. Morgan
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 09:42:10 EST

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Jim Crilly wrote:

On 05/02/05 05:13:15PM -0400, Ian E. Morgan wrote:
However, some of the ancilary functions, such as LCD brightness, RF kill
switch, and volume mute button do not work after resuming.

I had a similar issue in that the power button wouldn't issue any acpi
events after resuming. The solution was to simply remove the acpi button
module before suspend and reload it after resume. If you can figure out
which modules drive the functions that aren't working for you the same
might be possible.

Unfortunately the LCD/Wifi buttons seem to be managed directly by the
hardware/BIOS. They do not generate input or ACPI events. I have no problem
with the power button or lid generating acpi events.

My best idea at one point was to figure out some way to reset the keyboard
driver, but I don't know how. In theory I could modularize the whole
serio/keyboard system etc, but then I would have no way to unload/reload the
necessary modules without some other form of input, like over a network
connection. I might try that anyways just as an exercise in futility.

Note that I was using swsusp2 and not the in-kernel swsusp, but I doubt
that would make a difference.

I tried suspend2 on a lark, but could not get it to work.. always complained
about not being able to allocate enough pages for the image.. which was
clearly bull.. but who knows. Google didn't turn up much.

Thanks for your input, Jim.

Regards,
Ian Morgan