fdomain SCSI driver broken in 2.6 series?

From: Christian Trefzer
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 06:38:01 EST

Hi everyone,
does anybody remember the state of the future domain driver in the current 2.6 kernel? I tried to find some pointers to the cause of an Oops I get every time during insmod with any 2.6 kernel, booting e.g. from two versions of the Gentoo installation CD and Knoppix, while the 2.4 version of the driver detects the card and attached disk just fine. Even a self-made grub boot cd containing 2.6.11.10 and some userland as initramfs shows the same beahviour.

I am trying to get an ancient ISA adaptor to work, namely a Future Domain 1860 w/ 18C30 Chip, if I recall correctly. The card is detected properly at base 0x140, irq 11, and the scsi_eh_0 thread is launched as well. But even before the disk is detected, the problem occurs.

Unfortunately, I am currently away from the box in question, and did not manage to extract any further information so far. Any hints would be appreciated, and if I can provide some information that would actually be of any use, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Chris