Re: Driver for MCS7780 USB-IrDA bridge chip

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 05:21:33 EST

Judy Fischbach napisał(a):

> this chip also and we just recently got SIR working at 9600. We are in

I ve just set up ppp communication over ircomm with my Palm device :)
9600 of course but works flawlesly :-D

> the currently in the process of testing. We would like to join forces,
> share what we've done and help with efforts to add support for speed
> changes, FIR and more testing.

It's great to hear I am not on my own with those problems. If you have
read my source you know that speed changing routine is there and works,
or rather is seemed to work according to the data sheet. What I can't do
now is find a proper way to invoke it and not make the kernel panic. If
I solve this problem only error handling and performace tuning will have
to be done (if no other problems will be born by the way).

Please tell how can I help.

PS. I am simply curious how long did it take you to develope your code
and how many of you have worked on it?
--
Było mi bardzo miło. Trzecia pospolita klęska, [...]