netdev-2.6, wireless queues updated

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 22:48:11 EST

The net driver change queue has been updated, most notably with some new wireless drivers and wireless stack updates.

Intel contributed drivers for their Centrino hardware, "ipw2100" and "ipw2200". SuSE has begun contributing work that advances the ieee80211 stack work, taking it much closer to the goal of having ieee802.11 support fully integrated into the network stack as "real" protocol layer.

Git repository containing a great many branches:
rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git

The branch of note for wireless developers is currently 'we18-ieee80211'.

Git instructions, for those needing an introduction:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/5/26/11

And finally a patch containing _only_ the changes on the we18-ieee80211 branch,
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/patchkits/2.6/2.6.12-rc5-git2-ieee80211-1.patch.bz2

Notably, this patch does not include HostAP, which is stored in a child branch 'we18-ieee80211-wifi'.