Re: [patch] improve SMP reschedule and idle routines

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 04:31:12 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Nick Piggin <piggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, done a bit of work on all other architectures, and diffed to the
latest -mm. Any chance you can put it in -mm, Andrew?

Also, while I was there, I thought I'd add the set_need_resched() thing to all the other architectures. I couldn't be bothered doing 2 patches, sorry.

the need_resched changes are not needed meanwhile - we can do the first schedule() in rest_init() just fine. (See my earlier patch below.) So please keep the need_resched thing out of your patch.

OK that's better. Sorry I didn't see your patch earlier.

I'll redo this patch. Coming up...