Re: NFS corruption on 2.6.11.7

From: Kenneth Johansson
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 15:14:18 EST

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 08:01 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> Again, please could you give us more details on how you are doing these
> tests: what hardware (i.e. what NIC, switch, server, memory,...), lsmod
> output, (and ditto for the server).

After changing the mount option to use tcp instead of udp I have now
read several gigabytes without a single error.

Is there some fundamental difference in how nfs over upd and tcp is
handled regarding the packet contents like tcp using the tcp checksum
and udp not using the udp checksum or something like that?

Are there any counters for checksum errors in udp and tcp that can be
read ?? I faild to spot anything in /proc.