Re: RT patch acceptance (scheduler)

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 09:52:38 EST

Bill Huey (hui) wrote:

[snip helpful explanations]
^
thanks for that.

Sorry, yeah, I'm a bit jumpy from dealing with chronic irrationality
from the FreeBSD group, which has created low expectations from various
open source groups at times. Interaction with other jumpy kernel
conservatives in this community doesn't the help the matter.

Well no that's OK, and no hard feelings. I think there was a bit
of misunderstanding on my behalf as well :)

And I perhaps didn't make it so clear that I was taking a neutral
stance, and not actually commenting on the patch specifically.

Basically, the more you read http://linuxdevices.com the more you'll
understand why folks are edgy about this. :)

Well I think obviously any improvement in Linux's capability is a
good thing. And at the end of the day it sounds like most or maybe
all this stuff should be able to get included. But it is always
going to be a slow process, and you'll probably have to put up with
some flames along the way :P

Well I'll be quiet now, unfortunately I didn't add much to the
discussion myself!