Driver for MCS7780 USB-IrDA bridge chip

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 03:53:28 EST

Greetings Everyone.

I've written, with significant help from MosChip which provided me with
some extra data, the driver for MCS7780. The official documentation
for the chip is available at:

http://moschip.com/data/products/MCS7780/All_7780.zip

The driver is in a *very* early alpha stage but works a little bit.

It can:

* Setup hardware.
* Talk at 9600 bps.
* Receive packets and pass them to irda stack
* Send packets from the stack to the outside world.

It can't:

* Change the speed althoug hardware supports up to 4Mbps FIR mode.
* Handle most of possible errors.
* Make a cup of tea ;-)
* A lot more

The lists are quite equal at length ;) I would like to ask you kindly to
look at my code and maybe, if you have an MCS7780 IR dongle, try it. I
will appreciate any comments, patches and flames.

You can download it from either:

http://www.ee.pw.edu.pl/~stelmacl/mcs7780-0.1alpha.1.tar.bz2

or

http://stlman.fm.interia.pl/mcs7780-0.1alpha.1.tar.bz2

For the record the code is quite havely based on stir4200 driver since
both chips has simmilar principles of operation. They both need a
software do the framing for them. I also borrowed ;) the makfile from
the Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet driver sources.

I am not subscribed to LKML, please CC any answers.

Thank you in advance
Best regards.
--
Było mi bardzo miło. Trzecia pospolita klęska, [...]