Re: CONFIG_HOTPLUG, 2.4.x and ppc

From: Marty Leisner
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 00:25:51 EST

Its a custom chip with bridge functionality...(its not hotplug,
but the thought was "if hotplug can add a bridge at a later time,
so can an arbitrary module". There's a number of minor problems
in how BRIDGE_OTHER is handled (i.e. the first two bars should
be filled in like any other bridge, but everything else ignored).

The goal is to add a PCI bus behind the bridge (the bios
and the kernel doesn't know about it).

So I'm executing the sequence to add a new bus -- which
needs CONFIG_HOTPLUG to export the symbols -- which causes the
problem with PPC in the arch dependent part (it works fine
on intel platforms).

Looking at the hotplug drivers, it looks like its tied to
intel architectures in places...but adding a PCI bus should be
a PCI thing...

Marty Leisner

Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> writes on Tue, 24 May 2005 21:26:21 PDT