Re: [ANNOUNCE] sdparm 0.92

From: Mogens Valentin
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 18:52:26 EST

Douglas Gilbert wrote:
sdparm is a command line utility designed to get and set
SCSI disk parameters (cf hdparm for ATA disks). More generally
it gets and sets mode page information on SCSI devices or devices
that use a SCSI command set (e.g. CD/DVD drives (any transport)
and SCSI tape drives). It also can list VPD pages including
the device identification page.

For more information and downloads (tarball, rpm and deb
packages) see:
http://www.torque.net/sg/sdparm.html

Nice! Just got it and tried on an external usb disk.
One feature I could use, probably others as well:
Could you add the ability to spin down/up a scsi disk?
I'd really like this for exteral (usb) disks.

Doesn't seem it can; if I missed it, I'm sorry..

--
Kind regards,
Mogens Valentin