Re: DMA not works in Linux 2.6.12, but in Windows works fine.

From: Mark Lord
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 11:25:16 EST

Note to others:

If you are brave and pull down Jeff's libata-dev tree,
then it already has ATAPI DMA working (mostly) therein.

That's what I've done on my newest ICH6M machine here,
and both the PATA HD and PATA DVD-RW are working just fine
in "combined mode" using ata_piix. After applying a bugfix
patch for ATAPI error handling (which Jeff has just posted
here today somewhere for general comments).

Cheers.