RE: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc4-V0.7.47-06

From: Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 20:50:47 EST

>From: tmp@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tmp@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oleg Nesterov
>Ingo Molnar wrote:
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> - more plist fixes (Daniel Walker)

>Why should we consider ->prio == INT_MAX as a special case?

This is a fusyn-specific optimization. INT_MAX is set to be the lowest
prio and the one used by non-PI waiters, so it will never interfere with
normal priorities. Because this is probably going to be most of the
cases and we know it will always be the last one, it is a shortcut for
it.

It makes some sense, but in a more generic scenario, I might not.

-- Inaky