Re: [patch 2/4] CPU hot-plug support for x86_64

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 11:39:24 EST

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 03:16:24PM -0700, Ashok Raj wrote:
> Experimental CPU hotplug patch for x86_64
> - Most of init code that needs to be there for hotplug marked now as __devinit
> (Didn't use cpuinit, simply because the main framework code in kernel
> is not the same way, just trying to be consistent)

I dont like that. Can you keep it as __cpuinit please? e.g.
if cpuhot plug turns out to be a lot of code we could later
mark it free when we detect at boot the system does not support
cpu hotplug. With devinit that is pretty much impossible these days.

Also it is better for documentation purposes.

Havent read the full patch yet sorry, but it seems to mostly
consist of these changes anyways?

-Andi