Re: ioctl to keyboard device file

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 11:20:58 EST

Hi,

why do you always remove the CC to the mailing list or is too hard to
press the Reply to All button?

> Thank u very much for guiding me in right direction. Sorry to disturb
> u. Can u suggest me some refence material for knowing how to write
> user space keyboard driver using uinput.c ,
> I have seen the code of uinput.c, keybdev.c ,but not getting an idea
> to write keyboard driver from it.

Use Google to find example code on how to use uinput. There must also
still exists some old Bluetooth HID code that used uinput.

> Does this solution work with X-windows also?

I already answered this one. This is native input subsystem stuff and
has nothing to do with the higher applications.

Regards

Marcel