Re: Suspend/Resume

From: James Bottomley
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 22:54:14 EST

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 16:10 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> I don't know, depends on what Jeff/James think of this approach. There
> are many different way to solve this problem. I let the scsi bus called
> suspend/resume for the devices on that bus, and let the scsi host
> adapter perform any device dependent actions. The pci helpers are less
> debatable.
>
> Jeff/James? Here's a patch that applies to current git.

The patch looks fine as far as it goes ... however, shouldn't we be
spinning *internal* suspended drives down as well like IDE does (i.e. at
least the sd ULD needs to be a party to the suspend)? Of course this is
a complete can of worms since we really have no idea which busses are
internal and which are external, although it might be something that
userland can determine.

James

P.S. I noticed the gratuitous coding style corrections ...