Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Russell King
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 06:27:42 EST

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:51:41PM +0200, Jan Dittmer wrote:
> Sorry for tapping in so late. I don't follow lkml that close. For some time
> I thought about providing semi-automatic mails of what architectures broke/
> got fixed from one version to another, tracking mm/rc/git(?). Would that
> be useful?

We have http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/kautobuild/ setup for ARM -
it would be nice if it could generate mail reports and send them
out, especially when failures occur.

I think it would need some post-processing and rate limiting to
determine if there is a common problem across multiple platforms
(eg, 40 builds failing due to rd_size), or just one platform (some
local breakage).

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core