Re: Empty partition nodes not created (was device node issues withrecent mm's and udev)

From: James Bottomley
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 09:15:53 EST

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 02:05 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Should it be backed out of 2.6.11.8? Possibly - but if it will be
> > part of 2.6.12 or 2.6.13 then I would be inclined to leave it.
> >
> > Andrew asks whether it should be removed from -mm.
>
> It was merged into Linus's tree on March 8th (via bk, thank gawd. How do
> you find out that sort of info using git? Generating a full log is
> cheating).

Well, moving offtopic, but it is of relevance to people who use git.
The answer is that the information exists (we can use the commit tree to
reconstruct the file data) but that no-one has yet come up with a file
history viewing tool. I think David Woodhouse is the closest to
producing one of these, David?

James