Re: [2.6 patch] net/bluetooth/: possible cleanups

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 08:29:41 EST

Hi Adrian,

> This patch contains the following possible cleanups:
> - #ifdef HCI_DATA_DUMP the following function:
> lib.c: bt_dump
> - #if 0 the following unused global functions:
> - hci_core.c: hci_suspend_dev
> - hci_core.c: hci_resume_dev
> - remove the following unneeded EXPORT_SYMBOL's:
> - hci_core.c: hci_dev_get
> - hci_core.c: hci_send_cmd
> - hci_event.c: hci_si_event
>
> Please review which of these changes do make sense and which conflict
> with pending patches.

I like to let hci_suspend_dev() and hci_resume_dev() stay for now. No
driver uses it, but actually nobody really looked deep enough to really
understand the needs for suspend of Bluetooth devices.

The hci_dev_get(), hci_send_cmd() and hci_si_event() doesn't need to be
exported. And I think that the bt_dump() and and BT_DMP() stuff can be
removed completely.

Please redo the patch and actually it is enough to copy the bluez-devel
mailing list. I will take care of getting it back into mainline.

Regards

Marcel