How to get a git repository?

From: James Courtier-Dutton
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 06:21:46 EST

Hi,

I am maintainer of a very small part of the Linux kernel.
EMU10K1 SOUND DRIVER

This is the old OSS driver for SB Live and Audigy sound cards.
I have been sent some patches recently, so I was thinking about the best
way to get them added to the kernel.

I though that the best way would be for me to get my own git tree on
"http://www.kernel.org"; so that when it gets updated, I can tell whoever
can do it, to simple do a git-pull when the time arises.

Alternatively, can Linus give me write access to just that part of the
Linux kernel tree?

So, can anybody help me with the best way to do this?

Kind Regards

James