Re: 2.6.12-rc3-mm1

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 11:29:08 EST

Frank Sorenson wrote:

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

And even *more* importantly, note that when downloading a -mm or -rc3 patch,
there's minimal server overhead - it opens *one* file and streams it to the
FTP connection. sendfile() anybody? ;)

Also, note that once I've downloaded the single .bz2 file, I can easily
copy or move it to the various computers I'll be compiling and
installing it on. It's much easier to transfer the one file (via USB
memory stick, SCP, CD, etc.) than a whole tree.

Is someone really suggesting that SCC will replace the current tar and patch files? I think it is more a question of "what will replace bk long term" than what will be the one and only tool. None of the SCC systems is going to replace the single file source and patch, they don't server the same purpose.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)