Re: [2.6 patch] remove BK documentation

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 10:58:05 EST

On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:16:16 EDT, Jeff Garzik said:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > I'd have done this if you were listed as author in any of the files.
>
> Look at the changelog or file revision history...

The few times I've submitted patches I've been lucky and MAINTAINERS pointed
the cc: in the right direction(s) (or at least close enough).

It might be useful to document, for somebody who has just a Linus -rc or
an Andrew -mm kernel source tree, what magic incantations need to be done
to query the changelog or file revision history for that sort of info.
Pulling multiple release Changelogs from www.kernel.org and doing a binary search
isn't the most fun thing in the world (especially because sometimes the
Changelog entry just says "add documentation about Foo" so a search for
Documentation/foo.txt misses...)