Re: [RFC] SAS domain layout for Linux sysfs

From: Luben Tuikov
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 09:36:53 EST

On 04/29/05 06:08, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Note that the current scsi code allows to create custom per-transport
> objects below the target object. We're using that in the fibre channel
> transport class for the concept of remote ports.

Yes, I've been meaning to ask about this... since a SAS host adapter
(class) has ports (class?) which has phys (class), so there's this
hierarchy between those to-be transport classes.

Is this doable given the current infrastructure?

(I guess when it comes down to it one can represent a sub-class as
an "attribute" or even as a linked list...)

>>Once the SAS discovery algorithm has been run should we
>>show its results in sysfs??
>

> I think so, yes. Similar to how we have all fibre channel remote ports
> in sysfs, even if they are not scsi targets.

Ok, we can show this from each HA (/sys/class/sas_ha/...) but you do not
want the existence of /sys/bus/sas/... where things are consolidated.
I guess that's ok, and if needed, it can always be implemented later.

Luben