Re: XMMS issue

From: elektronisch
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 17:36:47 EST

Manuel Schneider wrote:

Hi Jay,

I have no idea if this is a ck issue, but when I load a shoutcast stream
to XMMS through firefox xmms freezes.

I'm not sure, bit I don't think that this is a kernel issue. There too many other parts which can affect this.

Please give some more information to see where the problem is:
- have you tried another kernel (other version, vanilla sources, whatever)?
- have you tried different streams?
- have you used another player (other version of xmms)?
- have you used another output plugin (oss, alsa, arts / esd)?
- dou you can open the same stream via xmms directly?
- is there any output on dmesg which could confirm that it is a kernel issue?

Maybe you want to ask Google about the problem, browse through the xmms mailinglists...

my 2 cents.

Manuel

Sorry I did not mean to post it on the lkml, this was meant for the ck patchset mailing list.

Thanks,
Jay