Re: ftp server crashes on heavy load: possible scheduler bug

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 11:25:05 EST

Pedro Venda (SYSADM) <pjvenda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> please note that netconsole was added AFTER some crashes to analise the crash
> dump, so I don't think it's directly related.

I agree. See it more as 1) preempt is "interesting", 2) it is not clear that
netpoll will show what one expects when networking issues come into play
(netpoll locking had to change recently). It would be nice to narrow the
issue within the fs/block subsystem.

> keep in mind that this is a production machine.

Some may toast me but I'd avoid preempt on a production machine.

--
Ueimor