Re: any way to find out kernel memory usage?

From: Artem B. Bityuckiy
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 11:43:31 EST

Chris Friesen wrote:
One idea we had to prevent this in the future is to configure the OOM killer to reset the system if the kernel uses more than a certain amount of memory. (Reset is better than hang for our purposes.) Is there any way to find out how much memory the kernel is using? I don't see anything in /proc, but maybe something internal that isn't currently exported?

How about /proc/slabinfo ?

--
Best regards, Artem B. Bityuckiy
Oktet Labs (St. Petersburg), Software Engineer.