Re: Re-routing packets via netfilter (ip_rt_bug)

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 05:27:16 EST

Herbert Xu wrote:
Couldn't we feed the TCP RST packets with foreign sources through
the FORWARD table? We're lying to the routing system already by
telling it that the packet is forwarded. So I don't see anything
wrong with lying to netfilter as well :)

Forwarded packets can't have any NAT manips in LOCAL_OUT, so it
should work. I'm not sure about it though because it would be
the only place where packets just appear in FORWARD, usually
all packets enters through PRE_ROUTING or LOCAL_OUT.

Regards
Patrick