Re: X86_64: 2.6.12-rc3 spontaneous reboot

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 09:53:01 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
Hmm actually - on some systems I broke the NMI watchdog. Can you
check your dmesg to see if check_nmi_watchdog doesnt report it as stuck? If yes please put a return on top of check_nmi_watchdog
that should fix it. You can verify it works by looking at the
per CPU NMI counters in /proc/interrupts. An nmi watchdog
backtrace would be nice to see.

No occurences of check_nmi_watchdog in dmesg or my logs, just
"Using local APIC NMI watchdog using perfctr0". /proc/interrupts
shows:

NMI: 181

Regards
Patrick