Re: [Fastboot] Re: Kdump Testing

From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 03:56:31 EST

> 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 reboots vmlinux-recover-UP on panic.
> (vmlinux-recover-SMP hangs during [early] reboot, but -UP
> goes further....)
>
> (BTW, how does I do serial console from the second
> kernel...? It has the drivers, but not the command
> line info? TBD.)

While pre-loading the capture kernel using kexec, you can specify the command
line options to second kernel using --append="". You must already be passing
the root device. Add you serial console parameters as well something like
--append="console=ttyS0, 38400"

> vmlinux-recover-UP gets to this point, hand-written,
> several lines missing:
>
> kfree_debugcheck: bad ptr c3dbffb0h. ( == %esi)
> kernel BUG at <bad filename>:23128!
> invalid operand: 0000 [#1]
> DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
> EIP is at kfree_debugcheck+0x45/0x50
>
> Stack dump shows lots of ext3 cache and inode functions...

Can you post a full serial console output of second kernel? That would help.

Thanks
Vivek