Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 and bttv -> kernel panic

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 22:48:13 EST

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:54:08 +0200, Florian Engelhardt said:

> Of course the nvidia-kernel module does not work right with the 2.6.12-
> rc2-mm3 kernel. I can modprobe it, but if i try to start the X-Server,
> it tells me, that it is unable to load the kernel module (allthough it
> is allready loaded)

NVidia driver 7167 and 7174 work just fine with 2.6.12-rc2-mm3, at least for
some people. If it's not working for you, that's an NVidia problem, not a lkml
one. If you need help, yell off-list and I'll see what I can do, or go to the
NVidia page the drivers are on, and follow the 'Forums' link - that's a *very*
good source for assistance and patches..