Re: Git-commits mailing list feed.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 13:30:15 EST

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> # This creates the signature.
> gpg --clearsign < sign_this > signature

This really doesn't work for me - I do not want to have the gpg header
above it, only the signature below. Since I want git to actually
understand the tags, but do _not_ want git to have to know about whatever
signing method was used, I really want the resulting file to look like

commit ....
tag ...

here goes comment
here goes signature

and no headers.

Whether that can be faked by always forcing SHA1 as the hash, and then
just removing the top lines, and re-inserting them when verifying, or
whether there is some mode to make gpg not do the header crud at all, I
don't know. Which is exactly why I never even got started.

Linus