Patching / Merging tool

From: Philippe Fremy
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 04:28:29 EST

Hi

For years, I have been willing to write a good patching/merging tool. In my understanding, the kernel is the most patching/merging demanding project and now that bitkeeper is gone, there is a hole to be filled.

What would be the requirements for a good patching/merging tool in your opinion ? What are the use cases ?

How much of integration is required with the SCM, git in the kernel case ?

I am not subscribed, so please CC: me any response.

best regards,

Philippe