Re: [Fastboot] Re: Kdump Testing

From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 22:32:20 EST

Quoting "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Nagesh Sharyathi <sharyathi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Here is the console boot log, before the machine jumps to BIOS
> > after hang during panic kerenl boot
>
> Ok thanks. So this is manually triggered with SysRq
> and the kexec part works but the recover kernel simply fails
> to boot.
>
> It looks like that hunk of the ACPI code that messes up maxcpus=1
> needs to be looked at.

I faced the similiar issue on one of my machine. Little debugging showed that
Boot cpu sends an INIT IPI to application processor to wake it up and then boot
cpu loses its way and jumps to bios. Strange....

Further, in my case this problem was noticed only if crash happened on non-boot
cpu.

It works well with Uniporcessor capture kernel. For the time being sufficient
to capture the dump but it is always good idea to be able to boot and SMP kernel
as well.

Thanks
Vivek