Re: i830 lockup

From: Harish K Harshan
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 06:34:17 EST

Hello Chris,

But the system works pretty fine when other applications are running.
Oncei load the driver, the system gets messed up. Could it be the
problem with the way I handle DMA and interrupts?? I mean, is it
possible to mess up everything by wrong programming??? This driver
works prefectly on the other IPCs we have, but not on the two-piece
board (Chino-Laxons) systems we have. The DMA channels are both free
before loading the drivers all the time, and one it is loaded, the
/proc/dma file shows the DMA has been hooked properly. Could it still
be the problem with the CPU/Cache/Chipset as you said? If yes, then why
is it throwing up the error only when I load the driver? Or is it
really the problem with the driver programming? Please let me know as
soon as possible.

Thank You in advance,
Harish K Harshan.