RE: [Gelato-technical] Re: Serious performance degradation on a RAID with kernel 2.6.10-bk7 and later

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 12:46:53 EST

>Yeah, I'm facing the same issue. I started playing with git last
>night. Apart from disk-space usage, it's very nice, though I really
>hope someone puts together a web-interface on top of git soon so we
>can seek what changed when and by whom.

Disk space issues? A complete git repository of the Linux kernel with
all changesets back to 2.4.0 takes just over 3G ... which is big compared
to BK, but 3G of disk only costs about $1 (for IDE ... if you want 15K rpm
SCSI, then you'll pay a lot more). Network bandwidth is likely to be a
bigger problem.

There's a prototype web i/f at http://grmso.net:8090/ that's already looking
fairly slick.

-Tony