Re: [patch] minor syctl fix in vsyscall_init

From: Benoit Boissinot
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 11:29:17 EST

On 13 Apr 2005 20:29:13 +0200, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:45:18AM -0700, Matt Tolentino wrote:
> >
> > Andi,
> >
> > If CONFIG_SYCTL is not enabled then the x86-64 tree
> > fails to build due to use of a symbol that is not
> > compiled in. Don't bother compiling in the sysctl
> > register call if not building with sysctl.
>
> Thanks. Actually it would be better to fix up sysctl.h
> to define dummy functions in this case. I thought it did
> that already in fact....

Yes it already does that, but kernel_root_table2 is not defined when
CONFIG_SYSCTL is not set (the problem isn't with
register_sysctl_table).

With 2.6.12-rc3:
arch/x86_64/kernel/vsyscall.c: In function `vsyscall_init':
arch/x86_64/kernel/vsyscall.c:221: error: `kernel_root_table2'
undeclared (first use in this function)

If you prefer, i can send a patch which sets kernel_table_root2 to
NULL when CONFIG_SYSCTL is not set. Or maybe there a better fix (btw
is sysctl_vsyscall needed when !CONFIG_SYSCTL ?).

regards,

Benoit