Re: Linux 2.6.12-rc3

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 06:31:06 EST

Hi!

> And for the crazy people, the git archive on kernel.org is up and running
> under /pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git. For the
> adventurous of you, the name of the 2.6.12-rc3 release is a very nice and
> readable:
>
> a2755a80f40e5794ddc20e00f781af9d6320fafb
>
> and eventually I'll try to make sure that I actually accompany all
> releases with the SHA1 git name of the release signed with a digital
> signature.

As far as I can see... (working with pasky's version of git....)

You should put this into .git/remotes

linus rsync://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

Then

RSYNC_FLAGS=-zavP git pull linus

should do the right thing.

[pasky, would it be possible to make some kind of progress indication
default for long pulls?]

--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.