RE: 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 pciehp regression

From: Sy, Dely L
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 13:59:22 EST

On Friday, April 15, 2005 12:48 PM, Tom Duffy wrote:
> From: "Sy, Dely L" <dely.l.sy@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into it. Which was the last
> > kernel you tested on your hw and worked for you?

> That is a good question. I think it was a 2.6.11 kernel. It was
> definately before express was moved to a different directory,
> whenever that occured.

Tom,

I was not able to duplicate this problem on my system yet for I have
trouble in getting my system booted up on 2.6.12-rc2-mm3. I did some
back-tracking and found that the boot problem occurred also with
2.6.12-rc2-mm2 & 2.6.12-rc2-mm3, and on two systems using IDE as boot
drive. The config file I used worked fine on 2.6.11.7. I tried
different config file without success.

The errors I encountered were:
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Umount /sys failed: 16
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
Switching to new root
Switchroot: mount failed 22
umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

I also encountered issue you & others discussed in the thread on
"Re: Heads up on 2.6.12-rc1 and later" if I used SCSI drive.

Can you send me the config file you used successfully on your
system?

Thanks,
Dely